Hercules worked with Costain on the redevelopment of a redundant process area at Redditch STW, enabling the installation and testing of trial process equipment for Severn Trent.
The work carried out consisted of the following primary activities:
- Multiple reinforced concrete structures such as MCC kiosk troughs, screening chambers, transformer compounds, chemical bunds and gas holder and flare stack foundations.
- 3 traditional pumping stations, up to 5m deep, and associated temporary works; including vibro driven piled cofferdams and heavy-duty MH box installations.• 2,500 M2 area of reinforced concrete process slabs and hardstanding’s.
- 1,850LM of ducting.
- 350 LM of drainage & associated manholes.
- 500 LM of MDPE & DI pressure main installations & testing.
- Over 6,000T of structured backfill.
Hercules worked closely with the Costain management team to maintain an efficient & safety-focused programme with an evolving design throughout the project.