A multi-faceted works package for NMCN to expand the capacity at Cockfosters Water Tower to supply HS2 construction works from Affinity Waters network. Works are being carried out to an extremely tight programme on a site with restrictive footprint, requiring robust programming and liaison with client and other contractors on site.
- Site Enabling Works: trial holes for investigation of pipework tie ins and existing services
- Excavation and install of R/C cabin foundations
- Install of temporary hardstanding and access roads.
- R/C Foundations within 2no shafts on site – 6m and 9m deep.
- R/C lining of LLPS shaft utilising proprietary formwork system
- Excavation and install of Contact Loop base and walls utilising PCC wall sections and in-situ R/C slabs
- New chemical delivery area including R/C slabs and road bund, below ground pipework and drainage (mix of PE/Fusion Weld and Ductile iron)
- Sitewide process pipework install consisting of 350mm ductile iron pipework and connection onto existing live mains.
- Sitewide ducting and drawpits
- Footpaths, R/C hardstanding and landscaping
The scope has now expanded and Hercules are working with Galliford Try on the completion of Phase 3 & the progression of Phase 4 works at Cockfosters
For further information please contact Hercules Construction Director – Paul Field
Hercules Site Services PLC, Hercules Court, Lakeside Business Park, Broadway Lane, South Cerney, Cirencester, GL7 5XL